I’ve never been one to make a list of resolutions each January 1 … well, maybe mentally, but never in writing. Mostly because, by January 3, I’ve already failed at them all.
Now, when it comes to something quilt-related, that’s a whole different bag of beans. It’s always fun to see all of the new quilty projects and programs that are available for our pleasure in January. There’s so much available to keep our fingers and machines busy! I want to do them all! But this year I decided to pick just a few, all in different quilting genres. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up with them!
Over the next few days, I’ll feature some of the awesome projects available on the net this year. I hope you’ll join me!
If there is one thing quilters have, its scraps … lots and lots of scraps … in every color of the rainbow. Little scraps, big scraps, square scraps, rectangular scraps, triangular scraps, odd-shaped scraps. We save them because we just “know” that SOMEDAY we’ll need them for SOMETHING. Well, that SOMEDAY is today and that SOMETHING is this …
Jodi at Pleasant Home is hosting an awesome month-long program called “Sew Scraps Along” filled with lots of ideas, fun & giveaways! Each day of the week brings something special …
- Monday … A quilty-sewy blogger is featured in her “Needle Little Inspiration” post.
- Tuesday … Jodi will feature another blogging friend and one of their Simply Awesome Scrappy Tutorials. This is an awesome way to get new ideas to use up our scraps.
- Wednesday … Jodi’s Sew Picture Perfect post will feature all things Scrappy.
- Thursday … Another tutorial for making a fun scrappy project.
- Friday … Last, but definitely not least, Scrap-talk … how to organize your scraps, what colors to use, what qualifies as a scrappy quilt, etc.
- Saturday … a few more of Jodi’s blogging friends will pop in.
And, yes, there will be giveaways, lots of them, and even a GRAND PRIZE giveaway from Pleasant Home and her sponsors!
So what are you waiting for? Head on over to Pleasant Home, follow her blog, follow her on Facebook, follow her on Pinterest. And not just because her “Sew Scraps Along” program is awesome, but because Pleasant Home is a must-have blog to have on your list.
Stay tuned tomorrow for another installment of “New Projects for a New Year!”